Membership at Flixya dot com

Got myself enlisted as a member in Flixya.com - I heard they allow sharing of photos, videos and blogs - all in one place. What is my expectation from Flixya? Not much, really. Until and unless I am doing something exceptional or noticeable, nobody has the time to watch an insignificant user. How do I say this? Because I also don't follow many other insignificant users. Its not possible for the want of time.

Then why am I at Flixya.com? If I have a target to do something in the future, it has to start at one point of time. So I have just made the start. Gradually, I'll get memberships in some more websites. Off course, while doing other online activities I'll not neglect this personal blog.

As of now, I've started by sharing some YouTube videos in Flixya. I have to get to know the site closely before I can go into advanced usage. Someone told me about Squidoo.com but after I visited that website, it was clear to me that that website is not for me. I've nothing to do in there at Squidoo.com

Maybe Hubpages.com next? But it is all about writing good Hubs and getting quality back links to those Hubs to gain attention. Otherwise, everything is so useless. And it is not only about Hubpages, it is applicable for every existence in the Internet now.

You can exist and gain popularity in the Internet without the help of search engines if you have a strong offline community. Like news channels are already popular due to their exposure possible through television channels. So, when they come to internet with their online edition they don't require Google or Bing or Yahoo; news channels tell people about their online presence via their own channels.

Similarly, if you're a student at a school or university, you can create a strong community offline and communicate your online presence to them. They, in turn, will tell some more people. Thus, you can bring that offline community online and build a like minded people's discussion forum or a community blog.

So you can have an already popular offline community declare its possibly strong existence online. Search engines then, will notice you, not because of your content but because of the number of people (they call it web traffic) present around your discussion forum or community blog. Say for example Google, their entire business is centered around online presence of people.

In such cases, you'll never need any community websites such as Flixya or Hubpages or anything else. These websites are basically for those people who are not part of a community and those who do not have a lot of contacts.

0 comments: