What is your website all about?

Nowadays everywhere around we see site owners are talking about niche, keywords research, link building, SEO, earning, PageRank etc. I strongly allege that, Google forced all these into the hearts and minds of webmasters. I call this Google Syndrome; if we ask someone to buy a domain, the first thing that person will do is to quickly find out a niche, put keywords in the domain name - then he'd buy a domain. The Google Syndrome doesn't end here!

It is hard to find out a person who takes a domain name confidently thinking that he'll make it a success if he loads the correct unique contents in it. Hardly any webmasters who gives a damn care to SEO. Webmasters aren't confident today, very few or almost none to say, I'll force Google to rank me higher because I am the emperor of producing daily unique content which people will love to read and Google will be delighted to give to its search users!

As I was saying, the Google Syndrome continue in a serious manner. Once the domain name is taken, next he worries about no-downtime web hosting; he will choose datacenter as close to audience location as possible; he will make every attempt to compress the site to load it fast in visitor's browser; a webmaster will study very hard on SEO (so much as he never did in his school/university exams!); the process of link building will begin and will never end... the syndrome continues until the webmaster leaves internet forever...

Who or how many webmasters can ignore the enormous possibilities of earning online? That's another worse syndrome nowadays. Every visitor who comes to a website is seen as a potential source of revenue. Every day webmasters take new lessons of converting traffic into cash.

Today, a webmaster's table is not so well managed as he maintained his website to be! Many webmasters closely follow Google search trends but they do not ask about their next door neighbor at all!

When I started off my first ever blog,I never knew what was SEO & what were keywords! I didn't know what were meta tags! I never knew what niche is. I just knew I could write and just write along. Google found me and promoted me for the content I was producing - though it wasn't 'targeted' yet it was of public interest, people loved to read. I have seen loads quality web traffic coming in, also loads of money flowing in through that blog.

Since then, I have had many other successful blogs. With all the tech juice today's Internet needs. My old blog still continues to produce wonders in terms of traffic and money.

I have started this blog, with no niche, no keywords, no SEO and not even putting any ads on this blog. I am using a default theme of Blogger 2006. I'll continue this for a year as an experiment. At the end of 1 year, I'd calculate the average daily visitors, visitors per month and total yearly visitors.

2 comments:

Maria said...

mmm, interesting post, even me I've the Google syndrome too, I'm writing my site all about literature with poems and stories, and I've written a couple of articles about SEO too.
Here is my spanish site:
El amor en internet

I wonder where all these syndromes will go..

Nice blog, by the way

Jayasri Biswas said...

I went to visit your blog. Looks nice. But I will need Google Translate to read the contents. Since you said it is about literature with poems and stories, I will definitely read.